SportDundee (previously known as Dundee City Sports Council) aims to:
"Promote, encourage and support all aspects of amateur sport in the City of Dundee."
The developing nature of sport and new sports legislation is having an impact on the way clubs are to operate. Clubs need to be safe, well administered and structured, to provide an environment that is open and accessible to all participants. To help local sports clubs prepare for these new and exciting challenges, SportDundee aims to provide the direction and support necessary to help clubs fulfil their potential and play a key role in the Community.
By establishing links with organisations such as Leisure & Culture Dundee's Sports Development Section, Education Department, Environment Department, SALSC, sportscotland & SportTayside & Fife, SportDundee is in a unique position to offer members the very latest professional sports advice and information.
The Executive Committee members for 2015 are:
- Lord Provost Bob Duncan (Co-Chair)
- Donna Crowther (Co-Chair) (Dundee Discovery Gymnastics Club)
- John Moir (Treasurer, Dundee City Council)
- Alex Knight (Secretary, Leisure & Culture Dundee)
- Graham Wark (Leisure & Culture Dundee)
- Derek Welch (SportTayside & Fife)
- Gary Robertson (Dundee City Council Environment)
- Paul McPate (University of Dundee)
- Councillor Richard McCready (Dundee City Council)
- Derek Keir (sportscotland)
- Councillor Bill Campbell (Dundee City Council)
- Alan Rae (Leisure & Culture Dundee)
- Jim McIlravey (Dundee United Sports Club)
- Gerry Cahill (Dundee Wildcats Taekwon Do Club)
- Ted Hunter (Dundee Speed Skating Club)
- Harry Byers (Midland Hockey Union)
- Gordon Quinton (Dundee City Disability Sport)
- Patricia Osborne (Netball Scotland)
- Rae McLelland (Cricket Dundee)
- Maureen Golden (Grove Menzieshill Hockey Club)
- Harry Locherty (Broughty United Youth Football Club)
- Jim Shepherd (Dundee Wanderers Hockey Club)
- Maureen Bowser (Dundee Area Badminton Association)
Meeting dates for 2015 / 16 are TBC
For further information on the SportDundee Executive Committee or if you are interested in being a member of the committee, please contact the Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org.